Motors for Frequency Converter Drive
Motors for Variable Frequency Drives
- ABB motors are suitable for frequency converter drives with minimal changes.
- Vacuum Process Impregnation for all motors
- Dual coated copper for 280 frame and above
- Insulated bearing at NDE should be considered above 100kW or 315 frame.
- 15% margin for Thermal limitations of VFD supply.
- 30% to 100% Speed Range without forced cooling
- Efficiency one level less. Example IE2 (IE1 with VFD)
- For Hazardous area: Separate Testing and Certification for VFD motors
- Reinforced insulation for 500V to 690V motors
VFD check points
- Class B temperature rise can be confirmed upto 85% of the nameplate rating in case if the motor has to be offered in standard frame
- Speed range below 30% of the rated speed should be offered with forced cooling or one derated frame.
- Frame deration is required if class B temperature rise is mandatory till nameplate kW.
- VFD with -15% voltage variation has to be dealt case to case basis.
- Specialties: VPI, dual coated copper (280 and above) & insulated bearing (100kW or 315 frame & above)
- For VFD motor selection, please furnish: Load type, Load bkW, Speed range, Overloading (if any) cycle.
- For VFD bypass through DOL. We need load details to confirm the frame.
- No of starts , starting current and starting time NA for VFD motors.